Field Marketing and Corporate Events Manager
Omni gives businesses one place to easily analyze all their data. Built by the teams that brought you Looker and Stitch, it brings together data models, a point-and-click UI, spreadsheet-style formulas, and powerful visualizations to help everyone access and use data. Omni is trusted by companies across industries and regions because it’s the only analytics solution that unifies every team across your business in a single platform.
Our team uses experience and customer empathy to build the analytics product we’ve always wanted to use. We believe in staying curious to learn new ways to do things, taking ownership of our work, and collaborating — with our customers, partners, data community, and team.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Omni has $26.9m in funding from top investors — including First Round, Redpoint, and Google Ventures.
About the role
We love meeting people to talk about data and that means attending industry events, meetups, and hosting our own community gatherings. In this role, you’ll define and execute our event strategy and manage the logistics of participating and planning in-person events. This will include managing trade show timelines, on-site event management, and planning Omni-specific events with our team, partners, and customers.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have excellent attention to detail, love planning, wearing multiple hats, and have a deep interest in the data industry.
Since the majority of our events are in and near San Francisco, this role is based in the Bay Area and will require travel for additional events.
What you’ll do
- Create and optimize an event strategy that generates pipeline for our sales team.
- Drive strategy and execution. You’ll think of new event experiences, then work with our company and partners to deliver them.
- Closely manage the event budget. You’ll take both a frugal and creative approach to launching Omni’s first events.
- Stay curious! Follow the latest in the data community and continually look for new ways to engage our audience.
- Help manage day-to-day San Francisco office operations. We’re a young company, it’s all hands on deck to make sure our HQ is a great place to work.
What you’ll need
- An insatiable desire to ensure people have an incredible experience. You are deeply detail oriented and always start with a project plan.
- 4+ years experience planning and managing events for B2B software companies.
- Salesforce and Outreach (or similar) knowledge is preferred for this role.
- Strong communication skills with an energetic attitude and a passion for working with others.
- The ability to travel to 2 or more events per quarter both in and outside of the Bay Area.