Omni gives businesses one place to easily analyze all their data. Built by the teams that brought you Looker and Stitch, it brings together data models, a point-and-click UI, spreadsheet-style formulas, and powerful visualizations to help everyone access and use data. Omni is trusted by companies across industries and regions because it’s the only analytics solution that unifies every team across your business in a single platform.
Our team uses experience and customer empathy to build the analytics product we’ve always wanted to use. We believe in staying curious to learn new ways to do things, taking ownership of our work, and collaborating — with our customers, partners, data community, and team.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Omni has $26.9m in funding from top investors — including First Round, Redpoint, and Google Ventures.
About the role
We love helping people build cool things with data - sometimes it’s a common use case like a Customer Health Score and sometimes it’s building data into a unique workflow or product. As Omni’s first Data Advocate, your primary goal will be to help us tell the story of what’s possible with Omni. This will include technical blog posts on product how-tos, sharing findings from datasets you analyze in Omni, creating demos and presentations, and more. This is a unique Marketing role in that we don’t expect marketing experience - we care most about your passion for helping people with data!
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you’re a data analyst with a passion for writing, speaking, and people.
What you’ll do
- Become an expert in the Omni product and our customer experience.
- Create written content on product tricks, interesting data findings, and how-tos.
- Help craft presentations, including brainstorming interesting topics, collaborating on slides, and filming demos.
- Speak with customers, on webinars, and occasionally at events.
- Help drive Omni awareness through content and community presence, including LinkedIn and Slack communities.
- Share product and customer feedback to help us make Omni better.
- Be a member of the small, but mighty Marketing and broader Omni team. This means you’ll never be fully alone - from learning the product to building content. We all pitch in and are here to help.
- Help Build Omni. You’ll roll up your sleeves and have a bias for action. We’re an early startup with ambitious goals. You’ll solve ambiguous problems, get hands-on with projects across the company, and constantly challenge the status quo.
What you’ll need
- The most critical skills for this role are SQL expertise, communication, and empathy as this role is all about helping others learn.
- 3+ years experience using business intelligence tools, such as Looker, as an analyst.
- 2+ years working directly with customers, partners, or executives to answer questions and solve problems with data (e.g. Customer support/success, Looker Department of Customer Love).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, such as writing, speaking, and working cross-functionally, especially with executives. You enjoy writing and speaking about the things you're passionate about.
- A big personality, opinion, and sense of humor! You love explaining your point of view and enjoy rigorous debate
- Curiosity. At Omni, we’re all builders. If you think there’s an opportunity to do something cool, we want to hear it!
- What don’t you need? Marketing experience! This role will be a key member of our Marketing team, but we want you for your passion for data and helping people! We’ll introduce you to marketing and help you every step of the way.